Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Best I Could Hope For

I went to the studio to see what I could do for my mother today. I was extremely encouraged by my mother's reception and appreciation for the work I got done in her shop. I didn't get after pictures taken, mostly because I only got 1/4 of the room done in three hours, so I hope to go back in the near future. When she came in after I had been working for a while, she mentioned she could use this kind of help in "about 12 places in my life." No kidding. I can't wait to go back though, I'm hopeful. My biggest worry is less their acceptance now, but the time.

attached garage remodeled into a family room about 10 years ago


front foyer, living room, and hallway view from the door

living room (dining table has been there for a few years now)



the dining room (dining table #2) and back door

dining room again, deep freezer, and closet

view of the newly remodeled (5 years ago) kitchen from the dining room

living room again, this is the couch I have to clean off to sleep on if I stay over

my old bedroom, this is much better than it was, my mom had an office in here, but it looks like she moved it out and my father moved his bed in  (he uses a CPAP machine that keeps my mom awake)

Add caption

full bathroom, it's been in a constant state of redecoration for the past 10 years, never completely done (see half wallpapered wall)

the back bedroom, currently my dad's office

office again, and "walk-in closet"

master bedroom, my mom is the only one living in this room now

master bedroom still, plus the office stuff moved in from the other room

still master bedroom

closet in the master bedroom

attached half bathroom

hallway closet

backyard deck, fireplace and greenhouse

family room exit to back yard, on the far left is a rusted out safe from my parents' first house together

inside the greenhouse

sidewalk between the family room (to the right), and the garage (to the left)

garage, through the back door

Add caption

tools and bikes

furniture and boxes of items that were leftover after a garage sale 15 years ago


less than reliable lebaron that was an anniversary present from my dad to my mom 10 years ago, then I drove it for a year or two

front desk area at the studio


cabinet and tub area in shop

storage and table area

kennels

No comments:

Post a Comment