Saturday, January 5, 2013

New Years Revelation

Yikes, it's been a while, no?

I haven't posted anything, mostly because I have been so busy at work to do much reading of my own. However, it's been brought to my attention that I have also slacked-off on my Room a Day posts. I'll start that up where we left off, room 6, the master bedroom.

For the moment, however, I'd like to mention that I can't remember when I was last at my parents house or shop. Looking back at my posts, I think the last time I was in my hometown was June 8, 2012. On the 7th I had posted about meeting with the B.E.S.T. professional and mentioned that I was going to my hometown the next day. I'm not sure that I even went to the house, probably just the shop.

My immediate family has yet to "do Christmas," which usually entails going to their house and exchanging gifts and having an awkward meal. Sadly, it's the new tradition. Apparently it didn't count that we went to both of their parents houses Christmas Eve. It was hard enough to convince my mother that we needed to be home before 10 p.m. on Christmas Eve. We are a family, and we deserve our own traditions. 

The point is, we will likely be making the trek to my parents which means there may be an update in the near future. It's been seven months, and I don't know what to expect.

1 comment:

  1. good luck...I've recently put some space between myself and my mother and on the rare (and shorter) occasions I go home. It almost makes the anxiety of "OMG, what am I going to find when I get there?" but I'm slowly realizing, we put the time between us and our HPs for a reason. So we don't have to deal with what we find when we get there.

    Doesn't make it any easier, I know, but I can totally sympathize :o)

    ReplyDelete